What is a Hair Transplant?
It's a type of surgery that moves hair you already have to fill an area with thin or no hair. For many people, a hair transplant can help bring back what looks like a fuller head of hair. If thinning up top or going bald really bothers you, the procedure can be one way to feel more confident about your looks.
Hair Transplant procedure
First, the surgeon cleans your scalp and injects medicine to numb the back of your head. Your doctor will use the : follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS) or follicular unit extraction (FUE).
Each involve different preparation process, FUE being less invasive than the FUSS procedure. After that point, both procedures are the same. Once he prepares the grafts, the surgeon cleans and numbs the area where the hair will go, creates holes or slits with a scalpel or needle, and delicately places each graft in one of the holes.
Hair Restoration Before and After
What is an “FUE” Hair Transplant?
“F.U.E.” stands for “Follicular-Unit Extraction”. This is an advanced, minimally-invasive hair transplant method that allows for the harvesting of individual follicles from the donor area without a scalpel incision or the necessary stitches. Since this method is minimally-invasive, it does not leave a permanent linear scar.
Benefits of the FUE Method:
- FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
- Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
- And Many More!
How long is the procedure?
Depending on the size of the transplant you’re getting, the process will take about 4 to 8 hours. You might need another procedure later on if you continue to lose hair or decide you want thicker hair.
What Is NeoGraft®?
NeoGraft® is a new minimally-invasive automated hair transplant system. NeoGraft® facilitates the harvesting of follicles during a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant. This method dramatically improves the accuracy and speed over previously used manual extraction instruments.
Why Is NeoGraft™ My Hair Restoration Solution?
- It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Patients who receive the NeoGraft™ procedure feel little to no discomfort
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraft™ procedure
- No unsightly linear scar
- Flexibility for any hair style of your choice, short or long
- Shorter recovery time - patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Fewer restrictions on your normal daily activities
- Natural looking results
The NeoGraft™ Automated FUE is also a useful procedure to fix visible linear scars from previous “strip” surgeries. FUE can be used to ‘fill in’ or camouflage those old scars by transplanting new follicles into the area.
What can I expect during My NeoGraft™ Treatment?
- Step One: Donor Hair Removal
The NeoGraft™ procedure begins with hair being removed from the donor area. The donor area is located in the back of your head where your hair is genetically programmed to resist testosterone.
- Step Two: Dissection of the Follicular Units
Each graft is extracted with the same consistency in diameter and length. This results in a dramatically increased take rate and allows for improved results.
- Step Three: Creation of the Recipient Sites
The hair transplant surgeon creates recipient sites on your head. He uses the proper angle, direction and orientation according to the artistic hair transplant plan that is designed specifically for each patient. This allows for a natural look.
- Step Four: Placement of the Hair Graft
The hair follicles are then carefully organized and separated by size. Grafts are transplanted into the balding and thinning areas of your head. Each graft is implanted individually to ensure the most natural and best results.
Does it work for both men and women?
Yes it is! FUE/NeoGraft is a minimally-invasive procedure which makes it a viable option for both men and women looking to restore their own living and growing hair with transplantation.
Why choose NeoGraft™ for my Hair Transplant?
The NeoGraft™ system is the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft™ system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry.
Hair Restoration with NeoGraft™ technology provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally-invasive procedure.
Benefits of NeoGraft Hair Restoration procedure
- Superior Results – More natural looking hair, short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated technology, least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision, no staples, no linear scar.
- Effective – Less activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Discrete – Patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Affordable – We have programs available to meet your exact needs.
Expectations and recovery after procedure
After the surgery, your scalp may be very tender. You may need to take pain medications for several days. The surgeon will have you wear bandages over your scalp for at least a day or two. You may be able to return to work 2 to 5 days after the operation.
Within 2 to 3 weeks after surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out, but you should start to notice new growth within a few months. Most people will see 60% of new hair growth after 6 to 9 months.
Hair Transplant side effects
- Chance for scarring
- Unnatural-looking new hair growth
- When new locks start to grow, May experience inflammation or an infection of the hair follicles
- Possible loss of some of the original hair in the area where you got the new strands
Am I a good candidate for NeoGraft™ Hair Transplant?
Ideal candidates have an adequate hair count in the donor site, and realistic expectations of what results they want to see. The number of grafts necessary to produce desired results, density of donor hair, potential for future hair loss and other factors determine candidacy for the procedure.
Schedule a consultation
If you want a head full of hair again, Call us today at our Henderson, NV office 702-684-5502 For more information on NeoGraft™ “F.U.E.” hair transplant. We serve Henderson, Las Vegas and the surround Nevada area.