A Rhinoplasty Primer
- Posted on: Oct 15 2016
Even if you’ve never liked it, your nose is your nose; it’s one of the first things people notice about your face. A nose that doesn’t quite fit with the rest of your facial features can be disconcerting. That’s just one of the reasons many of our patients – both men and women – visit our office for rhinoplasty surgery, otherwise known as a ‘nose job’ – one of our most popular cosmetic surgical procedures.
Why consider Rhinoplasty?
Because it can enhance your facial harmony and correct the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing which can be caused by structural defects in the nose.
Because knowledge is a good thing, here are a few rhinoplasty basics so that you can make an informed decision prior to surgery.
- How your body heals can influence the rate at which you recover from the procedure. Genetics, sleeping habits and lifestyle choices such as drinking, and smoking also affect how you heal.
- A combination of surgical skill, your general health, firm nasal cartilage, a well-proportioned nasal skeleton, a good healing response and your adherence to post-surgery instructions – all combine to ensure a positive rhinoplasty outcome.
- Clarify your expectations before you consider cosmetic surgery. Perfection can be tricky. The most skilled plastic surgeon cannot guarantee absolute perfection following surgery. Rhinoplasty is one of the most delicate procedures making the choice of your plastic surgeon a crucial one. Dr. Shah is board certified and specializes in rhinoplasty.
- A nose that is stylish on your neighbor, relative or friend may not look stylish on you. Each person’s nasal profile is unique, just as each person is unique. Discussing your expectations with Dr. Shah is very important.
- The desired outcome from your rhinoplasty will not be immediate. There will be some bruising and swelling which will fade. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to completely heal.
Schedule a consultation
Posted in: Rhinoplasty