Whether you are a new momma or a grand-momma, a sagging tummy can definitely affect your self-esteem. If you are considering a tummy tuck to get rid of your jiggly tummy once and for all, read on…because your decision is an important one that only you can make.
A tummy tuck is also known as an abdominoplasty.
Tummy tuck surgery removes excess skin and tightens the abdominal area. Because a tummy tuck is major surgery, a full recovery may take months. That doesn’t mean that you can’t resume your normal activities or leave your house, but you may be surprised at your limitations. Every patient is unique and will recover from surgery in their own way and time. It’s important to be prepared, however, before your surgery to ensure that your recovery is optimum.
Here are a few things to think about as you consider a tummy tuck procedure:
- Clean your home before your surgery and arrange for someone to help you keep it clean when you return.
- If you have small children, arrange for child care, if possible.
- Stock up on food or prepare frozen meals. You need to eat well following surgery and having something already prepared will take the “what’s for dinner” pressure off of you.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Take care of yourself and don't neglect your mental health.
- Avoid lifting, vacuuming and heavy work-outs until given the go-ahead by Dr. Shah.
- For your comfort, you should sleep in a recliner for the first few weeks.
- Stay hydrated. Water is essential as your body heals from surgery.
- Take advantage of spending time in your PJ’s or sweats.
- You may be able to resume your normal activities after about four weeks. Dr. Shah will advise you when you can resume your usual exercise regimen and which exercises are appropriate.
Dr. Shah is an experienced, double board certified plastic surgeon who is dedicated to giving patients seeking a tummy tuck in Las Vegas and Henderson the figure they once had. Do you have questions or concerns about tummy tuck surgery?
Call to book a consultation, today: 702-684-5502.