Do You Know These Details about Liposuction?
- Posted on: Oct 15 2017
Liposuction is one of the most well-known cosmetic surgery procedures. At least on the surface. Because this procedure has been performed for several decades, several thousand times each year, there is a perception that consumers know what they need to know about this method of body-sculpting. We have a hunch there are more questions than need is, and we want to clear them up by offering five truths about liposuction.
- “Skinny people” have liposuction. The idea of fat-reduction doesn’t have to mean something dramatic. In fact, the ideal candidate for liposuction is the man or woman who is near their ideal weight. This doesn’t have to mean stick-thin, but it also doesn’t mean a larger size. Liposuction is a customizable procedure performed with the objective of refinement through reduction.
- Don’t expect liposuction to tip the scale. Weight loss is not a job for liposuction, even though this procedure does, in fact, remove fat cells from one or more areas of the body. As mentioned, the ideal candidate for liposuction is the person who is happy with their weight. While the scale may not change, at least not by much, pant size may!
- Liposuction isn’t just for the midsection. Because this procedure targets unwanted fat, there is a notion that this surgery is intended for larger areas like the abdomen. Not so. Some of the areas that liposuction is commonly performed on include the thighs, backs of the arms, and the chin.
- Liposuction has friends. In and of itself, this body contouring surgery can achieve great results. Combined with another procedure, watch out! Common adjuncts to liposuction include abdominoplasty, breast augmentation or reduction or lift, or even neck or face lift surgery.
- A refined figure relies on your effort, too. Liposuction is not the last step in a process; it’s a touch-point. After proportions are improved with surgical fat-reduction, they can and should be maintained with healthy diet and exercise habits.
Signature Institute of Aesthetic Sculpting is located in Henderson, just a few minutes from Las Vegas. To learn more about our body contouring services, call 702-684-5502.
Posted in: Liposuction