As you age, your skin begins to show the effects of the environment, genetics and simply living your life. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has found that chemical peels are among the most popular of today’s nonsurgical cosmetic procedures. And at Signature Plastic Surgery, we specialize in all types of peels, including the Cosmelan Peel, which originated in Spain, and will brighten the overall appearance of your skin.
A peel is the go-to treatment for fine lines, blemishes, acne scars, uneven pigmentation, pre-cancerous growths and sun-damaged skin, a chemical peel leaves your skin with a younger, healthy glow. The effects of a chemical peel range from brightening the skin to literally peeling away the visible signs of aging. Chemical peels are trending and popular because they offer nearly immediate results, are minimally invasive and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
How does a peel work?
- A chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin which results in the enhancement and smoothing of the skin’s texture.
- A skin care professional applies alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), or phenol to the skin.
- This solution removes the damaged, outer layers of the skin.
- The skin cells separate and exfoliation begins.
Our peel formulas and strengths are tailored to each patient and may be combined with other procedures. Dr. Shah will evaluate and examine your skin to determine how to provide you with the most optimum peel results.
- A peel is not just for women - we have many male patients!
- Your peel will be performed in our office.
- Your new skin will be sensitive, so avoid exposure to the sun.
- When you do go outside, the use of sunscreen following a peel is a must.
- About a week following the procedure, your new pink skin will emerge.
- It is recommended that you space your peel treatments at least three weeks apart
Get your summer off to a perfectly smooth and healthy start…call to schedule a consultation, today: 702-684-5502.