The lazy days of summer are soon to be happy and hopefully fond memories. The leaves are changing, there is a crispness to the morning air and the pumpkins are preparing to be jack-o-lanterns.
This is the time for reflection and change. So, it makes sense that September is Healthy Aging Month. Aging is natural but you don’t have to succumb to feeling old. Your chronological age is just a number, and don’t forget, “You are only as old as you feel.” To that end, here are 7 tips to help you feel youthful and vibrant no matter your chronological age:
- SMILE. Put your best face forward, and greet every day with a smile. Smiling is contagious and a definite mood lifter, not just for you, but for everyone you meet.
- GO OUTSIDE. It’s not just about getting enough of that good old sunshine vitamin D, it’s about seeing your world, meeting friends for coffee or tea, taking a walk. Time outdoors can lighten your mood and make you feel alive.
- PLAY. Nothing makes you feel young like exercise endorphins. Whether it’s walking, jogging, dancing, Zumba, Pickle Ball or getting down with your downward dog, just do it.
- ACT YOUR “INSIDE” AGE. Be the age on the inside that you always loved and it will reflect in your face, body language and attitude.
- USE YOUR HEAD. Learn a language or refresh your Bridge game; get your friends together for a game of Pinochle; do crossword puzzles; take an art class. Stay smart to stay young.
- EAT WELL. Only you know exactly what that means for you. Do it and your body will thank you.
- PAMPER YOURSELF. Have you been wanting to try dermabrasion, a chemical peel, Botox, Coolsculpting , Ultherapy or other injectable treatment? Maybe it’s time to finally get that facelift.
Schedule a consultation
Schedule a consultation appointment with Las Vegas plastic surgeon, Dr. Shah. His expertise and board-certified training are available to enhance your body and unveil a new you. Call, today: 702-684-5502.