Breast Augmentation Henderson, NV | Signature Plastic Surgery Breast enhancement with silicone implants is in its 55th year of clinical use. That is a lot of breast implants that have been placed! You would think that the longevity of this procedure would mean that there is a great deal of awareness about breast implants in general. On the contrary, we still meet with patients who are under the impression that they will need to replace their implants every 10 years. Regardless of the results, a woman would like to maintain; repeat surgeries are not on very many bucket-lists.

Is there merit to that idea that breast implants must be replaced every 10 years? Let’s find out.

Here’s where the whole idea came from: an FDA study dated back in 2011. In the final report, it was stated that 1 of every 5 cases of breast augmentation with silicone implants needed revision after approximately 10 years. If women thought that 1 in every 5 cases of silicone implants would culminate in replacement every decade or so, we imagine there would be far less interest in this body-shaping procedure!

Further details of the 2011 FDA study show us that there were only 100 cases observed. In this context, we see that 1 in 5 means 20%. Less than one-quarter of women who chose silicone breast implants in that particular study needed replacement so soon. The other 80% had nothing adverse to report.

The bottom line is, some women may face a breast implant issue such as rupture or capsular contraction. However, the risk is small, as we can see. And since that small risk was revealed in the FDA study, changes in the composition of silicone breast implants has changed. Most breast implants made today contain cohesive silicone gel, which is more form-stable and durable. The sub-muscular implant technique further reduces risks due to the stability of the pocket in which implants sit.

Don’t let misinterpreted study data keep you in a body that is not living up to your standards of beauty. Obtain detailed information from an experienced cosmetic surgeon. Call our Henderson, Nevada office to schedule your breast augmentation consultation.

Get in Touch

Contact Us Today

  • * All indicated fields must be completed.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Visit us today

Our Office Location

Signature Plastic Surgery
Signature Plastic Surgery

6930 S Cimarron Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89113

3035 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89052

Scroll to Top