What is NeoGraft®?
NeoGraft is a new minimally-invasive automated hair transplant system. NeoGraft facilitates the harvesting of follicles during a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant.
This method dramatically improves the accuracy and speed of previously used manual extraction instruments. The NeoGraft Automated FUE is also a useful cosmetic procedure to fix visible linear scars from previous “strip” surgeries. FUE can be used to ‘fill in’ or camouflage those old scars by transplanting new follicles into the area.
NeoGraft® Hair Restoration Benefits
- It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Patients who receive the NeoGraft™ procedure feel little to no discomfort
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraft™ procedure
- No unsightly linear scar
- Flexibility for any hairstyle of your choice, short or long
- Shorter recovery time - patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Fewer restrictions on your normal daily activities
- Natural-looking results
Hair Transplant Reviews
Am I a good candidate for NeoGraft® Hair Transplantation?
Ideal candidates have an adequate hair count in the donor site and realistic expectations of what results they want to see. The number of grafts necessary to produce desired results, the density of donor's hair, the potential for future hair loss and other factors determine candidacy for the procedure. If you have any additional questions, you can speak with Dr. Shah.
- Step One: Donor Hair Removal
The NeoGraft procedure begins with hair being removed from the donor area. The donor area is located in the back of your head where your hair is genetically programmed to resist testosterone.
- Step Two: Dissection of the Follicular Units
Each graft is extracted with the same consistency in diameter and length. This results in a dramatically increased take rate and allows for improved results.
- Step Three: Creation of the Recipient Sites
The hair transplant surgeon creates recipient sites on your head. He uses the proper angle, direction, and orientation according to the artistic hair transplant plan that is designed specifically for each patient. This allows for a natural look.
- Step Four: Placement of the Hair Graft
The hair follicles are then carefully organized and separated by size. Grafts are transplanted into the balding and thinning areas of your head. Each graft is implanted individually to ensure the most natural and best results.
Hair Restoration for Women and Men
Yes, it is! FUE/NeoGraft is a minimally-invasive procedure that makes it a viable option for both men and women looking to restore their own living and growing hair with transplantation.
NeoGraft® vs FUE
The NeoGraft system is the first and only FDA-cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft™ system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced techniques in the hair transplant industry.
Hair Restoration with NeoGraft technology provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology, each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally-invasive procedure in our Henderson, NV office.
Benefits of NeoGraft Hair Restoration Procedure
- Superior Results – More natural looking hair, short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated technology, the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision, no staples, no linear scar.
- Effective – fewer activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Discrete – Patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Affordable – We have programs available to meet your exact needs.
Hair Restoration Recovery
After the surgery, your scalp may be very tender. You may need to take pain medications for several days. The surgeon will have you wear bandages over your scalp for at least a day or two. You may be able to return to work 2 to 5 days after the operation.
Expectations After NeoGraft Procedure
Within 2 to 3 weeks after surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out, but you should start to notice new growth within a few months. Most people will see 60% of new hair growth after 6 to 9 months.