Too big breasts can create as much difficulty as too small one. Constant neck and back pain, deteriorating posture, gouges in shoulders, and incapability to take part is certain daily activities are few common complaints of women having large breasts. Breast reduction surgery can help to solve these problems and can also enhance the shape and size of your breasts. After breast reduction surgery, your breasts will become more proportional compared to the other parts of your body, and clothes will also fit you better.
Risks of reduction mammoplasty or breast reduction surgery
There are certain risks that are associated with breast reduction surgery. Some of them are:
- Loss of areolae and nipple sensation
- Incapability to breast-feed
- Asymmetry in position, shape, contour, and size of the breasts or nipples.
- Impaired supply of blood to the nipples
When to go for breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery or reduction mammoplasty is for women having large breasts, and who want to solve one of the following related problems:
- Chronic shoulder and back pain
- Skin rash under breasts
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty in fitting into certain clothing
- Limited levels of activity
- Deep grooves in shoulders due to bra strap pressure
You may go for reduction mammoplasty at any age; however it is usually worthwhile to wait until you reach the age of 20 (by this age your breasts are expected to become fully developed). But, sometimes breast reduction surgery is also performed in teens suffering from significant psychological and emotional effects of having overly large breasts.