People talk a lot about the concept of aging gracefully. There is no single way to approach this goal. To one person, aging gracefully may involve letting what happens naturally happen naturally. To another, it means undergoing plastic surgery when the structure of the face has changed drastically due to jowls, deep creases, and other concerns. Then there is a nice, broad middle-ground in which facial aging is managed via various nonsurgical modalities. Here, we point out a few of the signs that one or more of these treatments may be ideal right now.
Do You See These Signs of Aging on Your Face?
- Fine lines and wrinkles. Everyone gets a few lines and wrinkles sometime around age 40. Some are caused by facial movements like laughing and frowning. Some are caused by a loss of volume in the subcutaneous layer of tissue. Regardless of the cause, fine lines and wrinkles make the face appear older and can be a frustrating problem.
- Tissue laxity. Fine lines and wrinkles may be the earliest indication that the skin is starting to lose its firmness and elasticity. These losses are related to declining collagen and elastin stores. The body also does not make as much hyaluronic acid in our adult years as it did in our youth. Without strong, ongoing production of these chemicals, the skin loosens, weakens, and eventually sags.
- Uneven tone and texture. Collagen isn’t just involved in the skin’s firmness. It is also a necessary aspect of skin tone. Unevenness can occur due to sun damage, broken capillaries, or conditions like rosacea. When hyaluronic acid declines, the skin may also become rough or bumpy, both of which can exaggerate an aged appearance.
Skin Care Goes Beyond Cleansers and Moisturizers
Aging gracefully doesn’t have to include plastic surgery if you don’t want it to. However, there is value in promoting healthy, resilient skin at every age. The signs of aging needn’t be drastic when we have so many options for stimulating cellular turnover and collagen proliferation. Some of the treatments that we perform in our Las Vegas and Henderson offices include:
- Chemical peels
- IPL intense pulsed light treatments
- Fractional laser resurfacing
- Renuvion J Plasma skin tightening
- And more!
Our experienced team can help you take care of your aging skin. Contact us today at 702-805-2058 to schedule your visit.