Feeling un-attractive and less-than-desirable can affect you professionally and personally. Of course you want to be on your “A Game,” confidently facing whatever your career or personal relationships have in store. When you were younger, you may have taken a thick, full head of hair for granted, but aging brings many changes and sometimes those changes result in thinning hair.
It’s true. Men are not the only ones to suffer hair loss. Approximately 40 million men and 21 mil-lion women suffer from pattern baldness or thinning hair and the number of worldwide hair resto-ration procedures have increased by 76% from 2006 to 2014.
Hair transplantation surgery was first used in the 1950’s. It involves removing a three-to-four-inch strip of scalp and hair from the back of the head, from which the surgeon utilizes 500 to 2,000 tiny grafts containing an individual hair or just a few hairs to fill in sparser areas of thinning or missing hair.
- Dr. Shah performs this out-patient procedure in our Las Vegas office under a local anesthetic.
- Dr. Shah will clean and numb the area of scalp to be removed; this area is immediately hidden by the surrounding hair.
- The number and exact type of graft will depend on the patient’s type of hair and the size of the area receiving the graft.
- Dr. Shah will carefully and delicately place each tiny graft into tiny holes prepared in the trans-plant area.
- The procedure takes approximately four to eight hours; additional sessions may be needed.
- After hair transplant surgery, your scalp may be tender, but most patients are able to return to work within two to five days.
- Approximately two to three weeks following surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out.
- You should start to notice new growth within a few months.
- Most patients will have attained 60% of new hair growth in six to nine months.
We are also excited to announce a new alternative to traditional hair transplantation. We now offer NeoGraft, the least invasive, most comfortable option for hair restoration. NeoGraft requires very little down time and will not leave a scar in the end. Call us today for you consultation and learn how to naturally regrow your own hair!
Don’t continue to fret over thinning hair or pattern baldness in 2016.
A hair transplant procedure by Dr. Shah can restore the appearance of a fuller head of hair and jump-start your self-confidence as well. Call for a consultation appointment, today: 702.684.5502.